The International Studio & Curatorial Program (ISCP) supports the creative development of artists and curators, and promotes exchange through residencies and public programs. Housed in a former factory in Brooklyn, with 35 light-filled work studios, two galleries, and a project space, ISCP is New York’s most comprehensive international visual arts residency program, founded in 1994.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 10am-6pm
Exhibition Hours: Tuesday through Friday, 12-6pm
1040 Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211
Directions by Subway
- Take L train to Grand Street station.
- Walk three blocks east (downhill) on Grand Street, turn left on Morgan Avenue and walk one block north, then turn right on Metropolitan Avenue, walking to the back of the large building complex on the right.
- ISCP is on Metropolitan Avenue between Morgan and Vandervoort Avenues. The entrance is on the loading dock. The office is located on the 1st floor.
- By car: ISCP is at 1040 Metropolitan Avenue in Brooklyn, which has a parking lot near the public entrance, with parking available for people with disabilities.
- By bus: take the Q54 bus (Williamsburg - Jamaica) or the Q59 bus (Williamsburg - Rego Park) to the Grand St/Morgan Avenue stop.
- Accessibility Information: ISCP does not discriminate on the basis of disability in terms of admission, access, or employment. ISCP programs and activities are accessible to disabled visitors. Accommodations are made to the best of the institution’s ability, depending on individual visitors’ needs.
Located in an industrial building that was renovated in 2007, ISCP’s entrance is accessible to people with disabilities via a permanent ramp from the parking lot to the ground floor, where exhibitions and events are regularly held in the project space. One unisex public restroom on the ground floor is also wheelchair accessible with grab bars and a sink. Some events take place on the second floor, which is accessed by one flight of stairs. Unisex public restrooms on the second floor include one wheelchair-accessible bathroom with grab bars and a sink. For those who are sight or hearing impaired, ISCP is pleased to provide alternative format materials, large-print brochures, Braille, and use of assistive listening devices as needed. For further information and to request accommodations for visitors with disabilities, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-387-2900.
To arrange group visits to ISCP, please contact Alexandra Friedman at email@example.com. Please make an appointment beforehand should you wish to visit ISCP's offices. All public programs including exhibitions and talks are free and open to the public. The International Studio & Curatorial Program will be closed on July 4 for Independence Day, and Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25 for Thanksgiving.